**Due to variations in wood drain or lighting these images are a representation of what the stain/finish could look like.
Rockwood’s handcrafted furniture is constructed with care, using only the top of the line materials. We believe that our furniture is an investment and our customers should be reassured that in the event that any natural defect occurs in the wood, that we will repair or replace any furniture that was purchased from Rockwood Furniture Co..
- With wooden furniture, your home will need to maintain a proper amount of humidity to help ensure that wood stays in its proper condition. We recommend maintaining a 35-45% humidity level inside the home to keep the wood from drying and cracking.
- Fabrics and leathers carry a one-year warranty. Please be advised that leather is a natural product and may have natural characteristics - brands, marks and scars. If damage is caused due to negligence or abuse, repairs or replacement will be at customer expense. Upholstered furniture has a 5-year warranty on seat cushions and a 10-year warranty on back cushions. However, the availability of matching fabric/leather cannot be guaranteed.
- Furniture with moving parts such as drawer glides, bearings in the gliders or recliners carry a one year warranty. If damage is caused from negligence, abuse, or overload, replacement or repair, will be at customer expense.
- Due to spikes in electricity, lighted pieces will require a surge protector to offer a one-year warranty on the transformers. Light bulbs will burn out over time and be customer responsibility.
Care and Cleaning
Follow these simple tips to keep your furniture beautiful, as nature intended:
Placement - Carefully consider where to place your new table. Avoid setting it directly in front of radiators, heating vents or wood burning stoves as dry air can cause wood to dry and may crack. Also, when you move your furniture, avoid dragging it, which places stress on the joints.
Humidity - If humidity moves out from the ideal range, solid wood will expand or contract, causing splits in the grain pattern and joints of the wood panels. These symptoms are the result of an uncontrolled environment and not considered defective. If home environment in not controlled, these conditions should be appreciated as inherent characteristics of solid wood. Due to wood’s “open grain” they tend to expand /contract in relation to their environment. Indoor humidity levels in the range of 35-45% will minimize gapping, such as, at the center or the ends f table leaves. Seasonal gapping or minor crack in the grain pattern of solid wood are considered normal occurrence and should not be assumed to be a defect in the materials or workmanship.
Protection and clean up - Fingerprints, cooking fumes, smoking residue, etc, accumulates on any finished surface. None of these contaminants will harm the finish, but they should be occasionally removed to restore the finish to its original luster. Simply dust table often with a soft cloth while following the grain pattern. Periodically clean with a mild, non-alkaline soap and water using a soft cloth or sponge. Dry immediately with a soft cloth and lightly buff wood grain. Avoid nail polisher remover, alcohol, or other solvents. A high quality furniture polish may be used, but not one that contains silicones
Avoid placing sharp objects that can scratch the surface directly on the table. Use coasters and trivets with non-scratching bottoms underneath items placed on table.
Please see associate for details on delivery charges. Delivery charges include:
- Delivery of furniture to your home.
- Set-up of furniture in your home. Additional charges will be incurred to move your existing furniture. We apologize, but we are not able to remove your old furniture.
In the event that you wish to pick up your furniture, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Bring plenty of blankets, straps, padding or anything else to secure your furniture, as it does not come in a box.
- Please bring someone with you to help load your furniture unless an appointment has been made for assistance.
- Please remember that our furniture is housed in a warehouse 20 miles south of Amarillo. Prior arrangements will need to be made if you are planning at picking up your items at either our Amarillo or Lubbock locations. All furniture is to be picked up from our warehouse unless other arrangements have been made.
Rockwood Furniture Co. is not responsible for any damage that occurs during transport by customer.